Photo by Janet Malowany
Holy bean love, people...these are insanely delicious! This recipe is one of my favorites from my third cookbook, Radiance 4 Life. It's very quick and easy to put together, but does require smoked paprika. You can usually find this divine elixir of spice in health food stores, many supermarkets, and most international food markets. It's worth the (relatively inexpensive) purchase though - smoked paprika will lend a rich, earthy, complex flavor like nothing else. It's also great sprinkled on babaganoush or hummus, or as a seasoning for a wide variety of dishes.
So, without further delay...
▪ 15 oz. can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
▪ 2 tablespoons pitted and quartered kalamata olives (or other Greek olives)
▪ 2 tablespoons each: raisins, chopped cilantro, and minced yellow or white onion
▪ 1 tablespoon each: extra-virgin olive oil and raw agave nectar
▪ 2 teaspoons each:
mustard, fresh lime juice, and smoked paprika dijon
▪ 1 teaspoon dried oregano
▪ 2 large cloves garlic, minced or pressed
▪ ½ teaspoon sea salt
Serves 2/GF/SF/Green (according to the health guidelines in my books)