book Radiant Health, Inner Wealth. I hope you love it too!
Caramelized Banana Bliss Bombs
Who would be interested in a dessert that is all at once healthy, elegant, easy, quick, and downright scrumptious? Me. And hopefully you!
One 12.3 oz. container of silken tofu (firm)
½ cup pure maple syrup
2 tablespoons oil (sunflower, melted coconut, non-virgin olive, or safflower)
¼ teaspoon each: ground cardamom and ground cinnamon
⅛ teaspoon sea salt
1½ cups sliced strawberries
2 tablespoons crushed or chopped pecans (raw or dry toasted)
3 firm bananas (not overly ripe)
1 tablespoon sucanat or packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla powder (optional but delicious!)*
1 tablespoon non-hydrogenated margarine
1. In a blender, combine the tofu, maple syrup, oil, cardamom, cinnamon, and salt until very smooth and consistently creamy. Set aside (or refrigerate for up to a week).
2. Prepare the strawberries and pecans and set them aside.
3. Slice each banana in half lengthwise. Next, slice each banana half in half width-wise so that you end up with twelve banana segments that are each half of their original thickness and length.
4. Mix the sucanat and vanilla and lightly coat each banana segment evenly with the mixture. Alternately, you can throw caution to the wind and simply sprinkle the sugar and vanilla on each piece of banana.
5. Heat a very large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the margarine. When the margarine is melted, distribute it evenly over the pan.
6. Place the banana pieces in a single layer on the pan. Allow them to get nicely browned on the bottom (this should take well under 5 minutes). Gently flip them over with a heat proof spatula and allow them to brown on the other side. When both sides are gloriously browned and caramelized, turn off the heat.
7. To serve: Place the desired amount of sauce on a dessert plate. Top with three of the banana segments and garnish with some strawberries and pecans. Repeat for the remaining three portions. Serve immediately if you know what’s good for you.
Serves 4; 30 minutes or under! GF/Blue (according to the guidelines in Radiant Health, Inner Wealth)