Fresh Greek Delight

This recipe from Radiant Health, Inner Wealth is guaranteed to please!

I first tried this dish in an innovative, family owned Greek restaurant. They, of course, used their own freshly made pita bread as the base. I have recreated this delicious, fresh, and very addictive entrée using pre-made pita bread (or a tortilla) as it’s much quicker and, thus, perfect for everyday eats!

Fresh Greek Delight

½ cup of your favorite hummus

Flat Bread:
One fresh pita bread round (or one 8-inch sprouted or whole grain flour tortilla)*

Toppings Per Flat Bread Round:
½ cup (lightly packed) baby spinach leaves
⅓ cup chopped tomatoes (roma, cherry, or grape tomatoes work well)
6 kalamata olives, pitted and sliced in half
2 tablespoons very thinly sliced red onion (several thin rings of onion)
1 tablespoon (packed) fresh basil, sliced into ribbons

Grand Finale: 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil

1. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Place your pita bread (or tortilla) directly on a rack in the oven and allow it to become lightly browned. This should only take about 5-10 minutes.

2. Remove the flat bread from the oven and place it on your plate. Spread the ½ cup of hummus evenly over the top of it. Next, evenly distribute the spinach, tomatoes, olives, onion, and basil on top of the hummus. Drizzle with the additional olive oil and serve immediately.

Serves 1; 30 minutes or under! GF (with substitution)/SF/Blue (according to the guidelines in my books)

*If you are gluten intolerant, you may try a 100% sprouted grain tortilla or use a gluten-free tortilla.

3 comments:

  1. We've eaten this three times already, both with the toppings on top of a pita and inside a pita. YUM! My favorite hummus is Sabra's red bell pepper hummus. I haven't yet figured out how to make a good homemade version!

    Thank you so much for posting this recipe! It's one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will really appreciate the writer's choice for choosing this excellent article appropriate to my matter.Here is deep description about the article matter which helped me more. Bagosihús

    ReplyDelete
  3. The next time I read a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, I know it was my choice to read, but I actually thought you have something interesting to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you could fix if you werent too busy looking for attention. Bagosihús

    ReplyDelete