7 Delicious Ways to Eat More Carob

Well, we're coming to the end of our #BringinCarobBack month! In case you're just joining us, Spabettie and I wanted to bring our beloved carob back to its glory - I hope we've accomplished this lofty task! All month, we've been sharing our favorite carob recipes.



For this, my last #BringinCarobBack post, I'm going to share my seven favorite ways to use this underappreciated superfood (carob is amazing - it's high in fiber, calcium, potassium, and is very alkalinizing). I hope this inspires you to bring some carob love into your kitchen!

1. Make some avocado-carob pudding! Blend up a just-ripe avocado (don't use an overripe one, or it will taste way too avo-y) along with carob powder, maple syrup, and a pinch of sea salt. Top with pistachios or almonds. 


2. Make Spabettie's carob-cherry truffles. Can you even believe how gorgeous these are??? 

3. Want a healthy twist on a chocolate fix? Make my carob-cacao cupcakes . . . they're rich enough to serve at birthday parties, yet nourishing enough to make just for the heck of it. 


4. For a fun and nutrient-rich chia parfait, layer carob chia pudding with vegan vanilla yogurt, raspberry sauce, and berries. To make the chia pudding, blend carob with vanilla almond milk and maple syrup - along with a dash of sea salt. Add chia seeds and chill til thickened. 


5. Make these buttery crunch caramel cups by Spabettie. They look and sound ridiculous. I need one immediately!!


6. You guys, I've been seriously obsessed with these carob smoothie bowls lately. I mean, I want one right now. And if I ate one? I'd just want another immediately after. They're THAT good. 

I've also discovered that macadamia nuts, cacao nibs, raw chocolate granola, and chia seeds are the toppings of perfection on this. You've been warned.


7. For a simple, uber-nourishing shake, make my "Four Goodness Shake" from Radiant Health, Inner Wealth. After many years, it's still a go-to for my daughter and me!


Thanks so much for stopping by and reveling in carob love with me! I hope this inspires you to have some fun creating carob goodies in your own kitchen - you'll be so glad you did! : )

xo
Tess







2 comments:

  1. #BringinCarobBack should be an annual thing. ;) XXO LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!!! Annual for sure. : )

      Love you more! xo

      Delete